Using a rain barrel to collect water can save you as much as 40 percent on your water usage. Water collected in a rain barrel in Pensacola, FL can be used to water your garden or lawn or even provide water for your swimming pool. The design of your rain barrel should seamlessly blend with your home’s exterior, and there are several options to choose from. Keep these types of rain barrels in mind when you are furnishing your home as they each offer their own aesthetic and advantages:
- Plastic: A plastic or polyurethane rain barrel in Pensacola, FL is a common choice among homeowners. This rain barrel material is lightweight and inexpensive. It comes in a variety of colors and shapes that can easily complement the exterior of your home. The downside to plastic rain barrels is their ability to degrade in the sun. You need to place plastic rain barrels out of direct sunlight in order to maintain their longevity.
- Ceramic: Ceramic rain barrels have a beautiful and natural appearance. They can provide a nice addition to a garden or flower bed as they match the surroundings with their design. Available in an array of textures, colors and patterns, you are sure to find one that pleases you. Keep in mind that these types of rain barrels can often be difficult to install, as they are made from a hard and durable material that doesn’t offer a lot of give.
- Wood: A wood rain barrel offers that rustic touch you have been looking for in your home. These barrels are a heavier option and are offered in cedar, beechwood and hickory. You will also not have to worry about BPA contamination with a wood barrel, as it is made from a natural material that will withstand the elements.
- Stone: With a stone rain barrel in Pensacola, FL, you will have a look that enhances your home exterior. These rain barrels are durable and offer a nice accompaniment to a flower bed or garden area. You can find stone rain barrels in a range of stone materials that will suit your purposes. Like ceramic rain barrels, these can be more challenging to install, as their material doesn’t offer much flexibility.
- Metal: You can also select metal rain barrels for your home. These rain barrels are designed for large water storage and oftentimes come with an internal liner. These are not as aesthetically pleasing as some of the other rain barrel options, but they will provide you with plenty of water for large coverage areas.
Selecting a rain barrel in Pensacola, FL that suits your home will make these containers seem to disappear into your landscaping. You will have plenty of water on hand for your lawn and garden and be able to save on your water bill every time it rains. To select from an array of rain barrels for your home, contact Gutter Master. We also offer leaf guards, downspouts, rain chains and underground drains, as well as gutter cleaning and installation. Get in touch today to learn more.
Categorised in: Rain Barrels
This post was written by Writer