Keeping your gutters clean is a necessary part of home maintenance. Clean gutters ensure that your home’s exterior is protected and helps keep water away from your home’s foundation. When cleaning gutters in Pensacola, FL, you need to take special precautions to make sure that serious injury doesn’t occur during the completion of a basic household task. Keep these tips in mind when you are cleaning your home’s gutters:
- Ensure your ladder is safe: Using a ladder that is dented or broken can make for a challenging and dangerous experience when cleaning gutters in Pensacola, FL. Try to use an aluminum ladder that can easily be moved from place to place. Situate it on stable ground at all times, and be sure to fully extend it during its use.
- Use a spray nozzle: Using a garden hose to clean your gutters can prove to be difficult if you don’t have the proper nozzle attachment. A spray nozzle will allow you to use one hand to control the operation of the hose and still hold onto the ladder with the other hand. You can also hang the spray nozzle on the ladder rung while you move the ladder, avoiding hose tangling as you move along the gutters for cleaning.
- Wear gloves: Having the proper hand protection can prevent injury from leaves and debris that are poking out of your gutters. This can also prevent you from snagging your hand on a jagged metal edge, keeping you safe while you scoop debris from your gutters.
- Sport safety glasses: Keeping your eyes safe while you are cleaning gutters in Pensacola, FL can eliminate the risk of any unnecessary eye injuries. Debris can fly out of your gutters during cleaning or, even worse, insects, birds or rats may come at you while you work to clean your gutters.
- Put on rubber boots: If it is necessary to climb on your roof to clean your gutters, you will want to wear rubber boots. This will provide you the best slip protection and ensure you have a firm grip while walking on your roof. Be sure to wait until any moisture on your roof has dried before you attempt to walk on it.
- Watch for power lines: Hanging power lines can pose a danger when cleaning gutters in Pensacola, FL. Inspect the power lines near your roof before you attempt to clean your gutters. Look for exposed wires and signs of wear. Call the utility company if anything looks amiss.
- Schedule regular cleanings: Having your gutters cleaned by a professional is a good way to ensure that your gutters will remain free of debris all year long. This can also prevent your gutters from rusting, so you will get a longer life out of your gutter system.
Keeping safety in mind when you are cleaning gutters in Pensacola, FL will help you avoid an unnecessary trip to the emergency room. However, you can also avoid this hassle altogether by hiring a professional gutter cleaning service to clean your gutters each season. Contact Gutter Master to schedule your gutter cleaning. We are a family-owned business that has been installing, repairing and cleaning gutters since 1990.
Categorised in: Cleaning Gutters
This post was written by Writer