Cleaning the gutters is often cited as one of the most disliked chores for homeowners. It’s a grueling task that requires you to clamber up on your roof several times a year to clean out the blocked gutters. If you’re not up to it, you’ll be forced to hire someone to do it for you. Luckily, you can actually reduce the amount of gutter maintenance needing to be done with gutter guard installation in Pensacola, FL. Gutter guards are usually made from a special material and fitted to your gutters to prevent leaves and other debris from infiltrating without stopping the flow of water.
Installing gutter guard can save you both time and money—in addition to a multitude of other benefits:
- Decrease the likelihood of clogged gutters: Lots of debris and dead leaves clogging a gutter can result in a variety of problems, including mold, mildew, yard erosion, flooded basements and a compromised structure. If that’s not enough, a clogged gutter is a hotbed for insects, such as mosquitoes. Installing a gutter guard will help prevent clogged gutters and all of the other nasty side effects that come with them.
- Prevents freezing: Gutters can be prone to freezing during the winter if water were to become trapped inside as the temperature drops. The freezing water could result in a blockage, which would lead to water seeping into your home. You could then find yourself faced with paying bigger emergency repair costs for the water damage. A gutter guard will prevent water from entering.
- Make gutter maintenance easier: Cleaning out the gutters can be an arduous task. That changes entirely with gutter guards. An average gutter needs to be cleaned at least twice a year: once in the fall and again in the spring. By using a gutter guard, you’ll only have to break out the ladder to clean the gutter approximately every three to five years.
- Increased fire protection: Did you know that your clogged gutters could be a major fire hazard? Your home could be destroyed by flames if a floating ember or lit cigarette were to land in a gutter filled with dead leaves. A gutter guard will increase fire protection by blocking any possible fire starters from coming into contact with the dry materials.
- Prevent rusting: A gutter guard will help keep your gutters from rusting prematurely from the moist debris. Because of this, you’ll actually be able to extend the lifespan of your gutters.
- Cut down on blockages: Clogged gutters will overflow during periods of heavy rain. The overflowing water can cause extensive damage to the structure and foundation of your home. Additionally, an overflowing gutter can cause unattractive staining to the exterior of your home. A gutter guard will keep the debris out, which will drastically reduce the likelihood of blockages.
For more information about gutter guard installation in Pensacola, FL, contact the professionals at Gutter Master. Our team of first-rate specialists has been providing top-of-the-line gutter services to the area for more than 25 years. Call us today for a free consultation!
Categorised in: Cleaning Gutters
This post was written by admin