We all know that living in Florida comes with a whole host of benefits—warm weather, beautiful coastlines, plenty of things to do and lots of outdoor recreation to enjoy. But living in Florida also comes with its own set of challenges—namely the thunderstorms and rainy weather that can be experienced all year round. Even if you enjoy the rain and thunder, it can still cause some problems when it comes to flooding and erosion around the outside of your home.
One way to mitigate this problem while simultaneously taking advantage of rainwater resources is by having a rain barrel outside of your home. Rain barrels in Escambia County, FL are designed to collect rainwater to be redistributed to gardens, grass and vegetation around your home. Here are some of the benefits they provide:
- Environmental friendliness: Collecting rainwater and using it to water your plants and even wash your car is a great way to reduce your water consumption and make the most of your natural resources. Collecting rainwater can also reduce pollution runoff, since that is created when rainwater flows across pesticides and fertilizers in soil.
- Availability of extra water when you need it: In times when the weather is dry and there isn’t any precipitation, you can continue to keep your garden watered by using the water that accumulated in your rain barrel during rainier weather.
- Cost savings: Depending on the size of your yard and garden, keeping all of your plants watered can be a costly undertaking. By using water that you freely collect in a rain barrel, you can cut your costs and use water that comes to you for free.
- Prevention of mold and flooding: When water drains from your roof and onto the soil around your home, it can collect and lead to issues like mold and flooding. A rain barrel captures water so that it does not collect in such high volumes around your home, thus minimizing potential water damage.
- Reduced erosion: The impact of water coming from your roof can lead to erosion of the soil around your house. Collecting the water will make erosion less of a concern for you.
- Healthier plants and soil: Water collected in rain barrels in Escambia County, Florida is much better for plants and soil than tap water, since it is free of some of the chemicals and additives that come out of the tap.
If you’re ready to begin enjoying all of the benefits that rain barrels can offer your home, yard, garden and soil, contact Gutter Master. Although we have made a name for ourselves as an experienced provider of gutter installation, we also offer a variety of other services, including rain barrel installation. We can walk you through the process and help you determine the best way to start using a rain barrel at your home. The forecast in Florida is often filled with precipitation, from light showers to thunderstorms, and you can make the most of this by collecting water in a rain barrel. Get started by scheduling an appointment with one of our trained professionals today.
Categorised in: Rain Barrels
This post was written by Writer