Five Must-Have Supplies for Cleaning Gutters in Pensacola, FLNovember 21, 2017 6:25 pm Leave your thoughts
The autumn season can be tough on your gutters. Sure, the brightly colored leaves are beautiful as they fall from the trees, but they can quickly become a nuisance as they accumulate. Your gutters become a dumping ground for all of the shed leaves from the months of September to November. Accumulated leaves and debris can block water from flowing freely, which prevents it from moving into the downspouts and away from your home. With the fall season wrapping up, now is the perfect time for gutter cleaning in Pensacola, FL.
Cleaning the gutters doesn’t have to be a time-consuming chore. Being prepared with the proper tools will help cut down the amount of time it takes to complete. To help you get started, here are five must-have supplies for cleaning out your gutters:
- Gloves: Gloves are an important multipurpose tool when it comes to cleaning out your gutters. Not only will they keep your hands clean, but they will also protect them from being injured by clips or any of the sharp edges of the gutter sections. Don’t feel like you have to go out and buy a new pair of gloves just for this chore—rubber gloves or standard work gloves will do just fine.
- Gutter scoop or garden spade: A gutter scoop is a tool specifically shaped for the unique dimensions of the gutter. The head fits directly into the gutter to space out the debris for an easy clean. You should have no problem finding one at your local hardware store, but a simple garden hoe may also be able to do the job.
- Secure footwear: Proper footwear is crucial to ensure your safety. Climbing up and down the ladder and walking around the roof requires secure footing to prevent any accidental slips and falls from happening. One misstep could send you tumbling off of the roof and into the hospital. Wearing rubber-soled shoes will offer you the most stable grip.
- Garbage bag: This one is simple—you need somewhere to put all that debris once you remove it from the gutters. Just scoop everything directly into a few garbage bags for a simple cleanup.
- Garden hose with sprayer nozzle: Cut your work in half by employing the power of a garden hose equipped with a sprayer nozzle. The hose will act as a power washer to quickly and effectively blast the debris directly out of the gutter. Be careful when using this while standing on the ladder, though, as the force from the hose could throw off your balance.
Cleaning out your gutters can be both time-consuming and incredibly dangerous. Don’t have time for gutter cleaning this fall? Let the professionals at Gutter Master take care of cleaning gutters in Pensacola, FL for you this year. One of our experts will be able to clear your gutters of leaves and other debris in no time while you spend your day on other tasks. Get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment!
Categorised in: Cleaning Gutters
This post was written by Writer