The Best Way to Keep Leaves Out of Your Gutter!March 5, 2018 6:43 pm Leave your thoughts
Assuming you live on a property with trees, you’re well aware that cleaning your gutters is necessary if you want a presentable house and a leak-free roof. Leaves and other debris piled up in your gutters looks awful and is a significant cause of roof damage, which eventually leads to leaks. The only problem is that cleaning your gutters is a time-consuming hassle! Nobody wants to spend their free time up on a ladder cleaning junk out of their gutters. Thankfully, there’s a solution: investing in gutter guard installation in Pensacola, FL.
What is a gutter guard?
A gutter guard is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a protective barrier that keeps leaves out, ensuring your gutters can do their job when rain starts to fall! Gutter guards come in a variety of styles and materials, but they all have the same purpose: they let in rain, but nothing else. The best part is that they’re easy to clean if anything does happen to get in. Simply lift the front of the guard and remove the debris.
Why install a gutter guard?
Installing gutter guards offers some real benefits to your home—and your budget:
- Save time: Although it’s not necessarily a hard task, cleaning out your gutters is fairly time-consuming. You have to get up on your ladder and slowly work your way down the roof, tossing gross, moldy leaves into a trash bag. If you have a large home or multiple stories, this could be a project that takes all day. Installing a gutter guard will save you time and effort. Spend your Saturday doing something fun, not cleaning your gutters!
- Protect your home: If too much debris is stuck in your gutters, water can’t flow freely off your roof, down your gutters and out of the downspout. As you can imagine, that’s not good. Water after a rainstorm will pool up in the gutter and can eventually cause a leak in your roof. When the gutter gets too full, the water will spill out onto the ground and can cause foundation problems. Install a gutter guard and ensure your roof and foundation are well protected.
Steps for installation
Ready to install your new gutter guards? Here are the three key steps of the process:
- Clean: Before you install your gutter guards, ensure that your gutters are free of leaves and other debris. The last thing you want is debris clogging up your gutter once the barrier is on!
- Install: The installation method depends on the gutter guard you purchased. Some guards are made of plastic or metal and snap on to the top of the gutter. Others are inserted from the side of the gutter. Your best bet is to let one of our professionals handle installation. We’ll do the job quickly and correctly.
- Enjoy: Finally, once you’ve installed your gutter guards, all you have to do is enjoy them! Though you may have to clear out some debris every now and then, you’ll never have to stress about regularly cleaning leaves from your gutter.
Though you can potentially install a gutter guard yourself, gutter guard installation in Pensacola, FL is best left to a professional. One of our team members can install gutter guards across the perimeter your roof in a matter of hours. Give us a call today for a free quote!
Categorised in: Gutter Guard Installation
This post was written by Writer