The Importance of Cleaning Your GuttersApril 25, 2018 1:27 am Leave your thoughts
Gutters can be an overlooked part of your home, but they’re still a very important part. They keep the rainwater from gathering in places that could cause damage to your roof, walls, foundation and even your lawn. If you neglect your gutters, it can turn into a nightmare. Here’s a look at why gutter cleaning in Pensacola, FL is such an important part of keeping your home in tip-top shape throughout the year:
- Protects your roof: Gutters are an excellent way to keep your roof from experiencing water damage. Without proper cleaning, though, gutters can present problems. If not working properly, water can build up in places on the roof and cause water damage and leaks within your home. That’s a whole lot more trouble than just having to clean your gutters!
- Defend your foundation: This one may not seem very obvious, but quality gutters can keep the rainwater from collecting alongside the foundation of your home. This can cause erosion, which leads to foundation instability, which is a massive problem and potential disaster. A properly installed and clean gutter will guide the rain water away from your home and keep it from collecting where it can do serious damage.
- Pest problems: A dirty gutter usually contains leaves, sticks and debris. It also collects water and remains damp. This makes it a perfect place for pests, mold, rodents and even honeycombs from bees and other stinging insects to accumulate. Investing in routine gutter cleaning in Pensacola, FL helps keep those unwanted guests from making your gutters their home.
- Debris gathers: Most of what is cleaned from your gutter is leaves. There’s also going to be debris, like sticks and dirt clods. These tend to cause more problems with clogging. They also can start to weigh down the gutter, which can strain the installation. Cleaning the gutter will also keep the gutter working for a longer time.
- Wait too long and pay the price: Routine gutter cleaning in Pensacola, FL means spending money now and saving a lot later. All of these issues can build up and snowball into even more problems that will cost you a ton down the road. On average, you should clean your gutters once every four months or so. Do it more frequently if you live in an area with lots of leaves.
With more than 25 years of experience, the team here at Gutter Master offers helpful and affordable service. We can clean out your gutters, get you set with the tools to do it yourself and, if you’ve put it off too long, repair them. Our team can work with gutters from all brands, and we’re pleased to provide both installation and repair services. Our custom gutter fabrication services allow us to create gutter systems that match the needs of individual customers. We’re very experienced with gutter cleaning in Pensacola, FL and will make sure your gutters are flowing free during the next thunderstorm. Give us a call to set up an appointment.
Categorised in: Cleaning Gutters
This post was written by Writer