The Right Screws Matter for Your GuttersJuly 3, 2018 3:28 pm Leave your thoughts
When you’re performing new gutter installation in Pensacola, FL, you need to consider more than just the color and style of gutter you’ll put on your house and garage. The processes and tools you use during installation will go a long way toward determining the quality of the work and how long it will last.
For example, did you know that the type of screws you use when installing your house gutters is extremely important? Having the right screws for the job ensures the gutters will stay in place for years, and that the screws won’t rust away.
We specifically recommend 410 stainless steel painted screws, for a variety of reasons:
- It works with a variety of materials: The 410 stainless steel screw is highly versatile and can be used with a wide variety of other materials. It works just fine with metals such as steel, copper, zinc and aluminum. Most gutters today tend to be made of vinyl, but it’s still helpful to know that if you have metal gutters, you’ll use a screw that is designed to work with it well.
- Anti-corrosive: 410 stainless steel offers the best anti-corrosion properties of any type of screw material you’ll find on the market. Considering how much exposure the screw will have to snow, ice and rainwater in your house gutters in Pensacola, FL, this is an important property to have. It must be able to hold up to long-term exposure to these elements, otherwise it will rust away and have its structural integrity compromised.
- Eliminates staining: The 410 stainless steel gutter screw virtually eliminates all staining. Again, considering the type of environment in which this screw will be used for the long term, resistance to staining from rust, dirt and other elements is important to keep your gutters looking great for years to come.
- Color availability: No matter what color you get your gutters in, you will be able to find the screws in a matching paint color. The 410 stainless steel gutter screw is available in most gutter stock colors, so you won’t have to worry about it compromising the aesthetic of your gutters in any way.
- Long lasting: Considering the stain resistance, corrosion resistance and high-quality construction of this screw, you’ll be able to rest assured that it will last the entire life of the gutter, so you won’t need to worry about having to get back up on a ladder to replace worn-down screws in the years to come.
If you get another type of screw that’s not designed to function in the outdoor elements, there’s a chance you’ll need to replace them later on as they wear out and get rusty. Therefore, get the type of screw that’s designed to last right away. For more information about how to choose the right screws for your gutter installation in Pensacola, FL, contact the team of experienced contractors at Gutter Master today and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have for us.
Categorised in: Gutter Contractors, Gutter Installation in Pensacola, FL, House Gutters
This post was written by Writer