Rain gutters may look like simple systems, but they play a very important role in any roof’s water mitigation system. So, while a tiny leak here and a small clog there doesn’t necessarily warrant a complete gutter replacement right now, you do need to keep an eye on any issues. When it comes time for a replacement, know that you’ll at least have some options. Some homeowners choose to replace their gutters themselves, while others prefer to hire a professional for the job. Either way, the first step in the process is to select the best material for your home’s rain gutters and downspouts.
Let’s focus on one of the most popular materials: aluminum. Here are six reasons why you should elect to install aluminum gutters on your Pensacola, FL home:
- Cost: Higher cost doesn’t always mean better quality. In fact, you can get quality aluminum gutters for less money than other material options. Of all the materials designated for gutter construction, aluminum is one of the most economical choices for homeowners who are on a budget. Aluminum gutters will not break the bank, and since it’s a very common gutter material, choose aluminum and you’re sure to be able to repair or replace your system in the future at a low cost.
- Seamless options: There are two types of gutter constructions—sections and seamless. Several sections of connected gutters require hardware to hold the pieces altogether and a waterproof seal to keep rainwater from dripping out of gutter seams. Seamless gutter options, on the other hand, are less prone to warping and leaks. You won’t need to replace seamless gutters as often as you would a regular gutter system.
- Durability: Aluminum gutter systems will not rust or rot. The material won’t thin and can hold up for 20 years or more in any climate. As long as gutters are installed properly, they will hold strong in rain, snow, hail and wind.
- Color options: Aluminum rain gutters and gutter downspouts in Pensacola, FL come in a variety of different colors. If you don’t find the color that matches your house or personal preferences, they can be custom painted to match. DIY-ers can check with their local home improvement store or gutter store for color options. Those who hire a gutter company can simply ask the installer to match the color to their home.
- Water carry volume: If you live in an area that experiences heavy or constant downpours every wet season, gutters that are too small can be a serious issue. Long-lasting rainstorms can create a high volume of water that can get backed up in many types of gutters, but not aluminum. Aluminum gutters are designed to function well in areas with heavy precipitation—the material is strong, and the gutters are often wider, so more water can travel safely away from your home.
- Lightweight and strong: Aluminum does not sag like other gutter materials. Thanks to aluminum being lightweight and strong, the gutters will function well for years without overflowing.
Contact Gutter Master today to learn more about the benefits of installing aluminum gutters on your Pensacola, FL home!
This post was written by Writer