To prevent property damage and preserve the overall appearance of their homes, homeowners must clean out their gutters each fall and spring. But, before you get up on the roof and start cleaning, you’ll need to pick up a few things from the hardware store. You’ll need the following gutter supplies in Pensacola, FL to get those gutters nice and clean:
- Ladder: The first thing you’ll need is a ladder to get up on your roof. Be sure that your ladder is sturdy and properly balanced to prevent any falls. If possible, we recommend keeping both feet and one hand on the ladder at all times to ensure your safety.
- Gloves: Grabbing leaves and debris out of the gutter with your bare hands is pretty gross. Plus, you never know what types of pests or critters might have nests up there. A good set of rubber gloves will keep your hands clean and safe.
- Gutter scoop: You might want to consider investing in a gutter scoop. As the name suggests, these handy tools help you quickly scoop out any debris from your gutter without having to use your hands. A standard garden spade might also do the trick.
- Garden hose: The job isn’t done until all of that grime is gone. After you remove the big stuff, we recommend spraying out your gutters with a garden hose that has a jet sprayer attachment.
- Brush: Stubborn stains and stuck-on debris may not come off with your hose. To remove this junk, you’ll need a heavy bristled brush and a little elbow grease.
- Garbage bags: Don’t just let all of those leaves sit on the ground once you remove them from the gutter. Have some garbage bags on hand to gather up all that debris from the ground once you’re finished.
- Good shoes: Flip-flops, Crocs and other open-toed shoes won’t cut it during gutter cleaning in Pensacola, FL. Be sure you’re wearing rubber-soled shoes, as these provide the best grip when you’re on the ladder and roof.
- Bug spray: Bugs are a problem wherever you go outside, but they’ll most likely be worse up by your gutters, as that’s where many of them build nests. Spray any exposed skin with bug spray to help ensure you’re not bitten.
- Sunscreen: Don’t forget to lather up! The last thing you want is a sunburn from working outside for a few hours. It’s also not a bad idea to wear a long-sleeved shirt to further protect yourself from the sun.
- Refreshing beverage: Last, but certainly not least, you’ll need an ice-cold drink to celebrate once your gutters are clean! There’s no better way to cap off a cleaning project on a hot day than with a cold glass of lemonade or sweet tea.
Call our team to clean your gutters!
There’s no doubt about it—gutter cleaning in Pensacola, FL is no one’s idea of a great time! Fortunately, you can save yourself a lot of time, hassle and potential danger by hiring our team at Gutter Master to clean your gutters. We perform a thorough job, and our services are affordable on any budget.
If you don’t feel like cleaning your gutters yourself or investing in gutter supplies in Pensacola, FL, then call our professionals at Gutter Master! On top of cleaning, we can meet all of your gutter needs, including installing new gutters or adding gutter guards.
Categorised in: Cleaning Gutters
This post was written by Writer