Tips for Preventing Clogged GuttersMay 27, 2020 5:11 pm Leave your thoughts
Leaves, twigs and other debris are well known for collecting in gutters across the country, causing clogs that lead to massive damage. This is why homeowners need to get up on their roofs and clean their gutters out a few times a year. The good news is that preventing dangerous clogs isn’t all that difficult. Keep reading to learn some tips for clogged gutter prevention in Pensacola, FL:
- Keep them clean: Our top tip for clog prevention is to keep your gutters nice and clean! We recommend cleaning them out in the spring and fall to drastically reduce the chance of a clog developing. If you’re not interested in cleaning them out yourself, hire the team at Gutter Master to take care of it for you.
- Perform an inspection: Along with your bi-annual cleaning, it’s a good idea to get up on your roof and check your downspouts. All it takes is a single clump of leaves at the top of a downspout to form a nasty clog. A monthly checkup will ensure there are no leaves or debris up there.
- Trim trees: Speaking of leaves, keep them at bay by trimming your tree branches. If there aren’t many branches hanging over your roof, the chance of leaves collecting in your gutters is quite low.
- Remove potential debris: Loose shingles or roof tiles are also known to cause gutter clogs. If you see any loose or broken shingles, remove them before they tumble down into your gutters.
- Install a gutter guard: The easiest way to prevent clogs is by installing gutter guards. Guards come in a variety of different styles, but they’re all designed to block debris from entering the gutter while still allowing water to flow off the roof.
- Get new gutters: You can expect your gutters to last for about 20 years. After that, though, you may notice that they leak at the seams or are separating from the roof. If that’s the case, it’s time to upgrade to new seamless gutters.
Hire our team for your gutter needs
If you need a little professional help with clogged gutter prevention in Pensacola, FL, be sure to call Gutter Master! Here are the reasons homeowners choose us to handle their gutter needs:
- Affordable cleaning services: Hiring a gutter cleaning company doesn’t have to cost a fortune. When you choose Gutter Master, you can rest easy knowing you’re getting the most bang for your buck.
- High-quality gutter guards: While we’re cleaning out your gutters, let us install gutter guards for you. We sell and install top-of-the-line guards that are tailor made for your gutters.
- New gutter installation: As mentioned above, gutters don’t last forever. If your gutters leak or don’t work as well as they should, we can install new seamless gutters at your home.
With summer right around the corner, now is a great time to start thinking about clogged gutter prevention in Pensacola, FL. Give Gutter Master a call today to get new gutters or to have your current ones cleaned out.
Categorised in: Cleaning Gutters
This post was written by Writer