Most homeowners know that they need to clean out their gutters as part of basic home maintenance. However, we find that a lot of homeowners don’t know how often they need to clean out their gutters in Pensacola, FL. This confusion regarding frequency may lead to negligence and even structural problems with homes.
Though it varies from property to property, experts recommend cleaning out your gutters twice a year: once in the spring and once in the fall. If your property is surrounded by trees, you may need to consider cleaning them out more often. From the roof to the foundation, sticking to this bi-annual schedule ensures good health for your entire property. Along with cleaning, we advise performing routine inspections to limit the chance of a clog forming.
How to clean your gutters
Knowing how to properly clean your gutters is just as important as doing it in a timely manner. Here are some tips the pros use to get those gutters clean:
- Wear protective gear: You never know what types of critters or germs are living up in your gutters, especially if they’re full of leaves and debris. For this reason, we always advise wearing rubber work gloves and protective eyewear.
- Use a trash bag: It’s easy to throw all of the leaves and debris onto the ground. However, it’s better practice to toss it all in a trash bag as you’re working. Leaving all of that debris on the ground can attract insects and other pests, and it makes cleanup more of a chore.
- Seal any leaks: Gutters may develop cracks as time goes on, which obviously makes them less effective. While you’re on the roof, use a high-quality sealant to patch those cracks up.
- Pay attention to mold: Gutters can be a hotbed for mold and mildew growth. Mold anywhere on your property is an issue and needs to be addressed immediately. Carry a spray bottle filled with a bleach-and-water solution and eliminate any mold you see in the gutter or roof.
- Stay safe: There’s an inherent risk of danger any time you’re up on a ladder. We always advise having someone stand on the ground and steady the ladder while you’re up there.
Benefits of hiring a pro for gutter cleaning
Having to clean out your gutters in Pensacola, FL isn’t the worst household chore, but you should still consider hiring a professional to tackle this job. These are the reasons our customers choose Gutter Master to clean their gutters:
- Save time: Gutter cleaning doesn’t take a ton of time, but you certainly have better things to do with your free time! Spend your weekend doing fun things with your family, and let us handle your gutters.
- Safety concerns: Don’t risk toppling off your ladder! Instead, hire our professionals to clean your gutters. We practice the best safety techniques to minimize the chances of injury.
- A job well done: When you choose Gutter Master, you can rest easy knowing your gutters will be sparkling clean and flowing easily when we’re done!
If it’s time to clean out your gutters in Pensacola, FL, call Gutter Master to get a free quote for our services. Our experts will leave your gutters clean and clear, and we can even upgrade your current gutters to help you avoid the need for additional cleaning in the near future.
Categorised in: Cleaning Gutters
This post was written by Writer