How Important Is It to Keep Your Gutters Clean?December 16, 2020 3:04 pm Leave your thoughts
Getting up on the roof and removing leaves and debris from your gutters might seem like a pointless task, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, twice-annual gutter cleaning is one of the most important household chores there is.
This post from one of the most reliable gutter cleaning companies in Pensacola, FL will cover why cleaning your gutters is so crucial and what can go wrong if you neglect to tackle this chore:
- Flooded basements: When gutters get clogged, that excess rainwater isn’t able to flow down the downspout, so it spills over the side of the gutter and lands in the area surrounding your home. In heavy Florida rainstorms, that water could wind up flooding your basement.
- Foundation problems: That excess water might not always flood your basement, but it will likely cause problems with your foundation. All of that water effectively crumbles the foundation away over time, which will necessitate excessive repairs. Instead of paying to fix your foundation, just hire someone to clean out your gutters!
- Driveway destruction: Your driveway can suffer a similar fate as your foundation when your gutters are clogged. Rainwater can get under the surface of your asphalt or concrete pavement, where it will erode the sublayer and lead to cracks and potholes. Your driveway isn’t as expensive to fix, but you can avoid these costs by cleaning your gutters.
- Ruined landscaping: Your grass, plants and flowers all need water to survive. However, getting too much water is nearly as bad as being under-watered. Any vegetation surrounding clogged gutters is sure to get more water than it needs, possibly killing the plants.
- Interior water damage: Before water makes its way to your foundation, driveway or landscaping, it may affect the walls of your home. What appears to be a leaking pipe behind a wall could actually be water spilling over from your gutters. Avoid extensive interior water damage by cleaning out those gutters.
- Pest infestation: Bugs, rodents and other pests are well known for making nests inside clogged gutters—and it’s tough to blame them, as all of the supplies needed for a nest are right there in the gutter! To avoid an infestation at your home or business, call a reliable gutter cleaning company in Pensacola, FL to make your property less attractive to pests.
- Algae and moss growth: Damp and dark places, like the interior of clogged gutters, are the perfect spots for moss and algae growth. That moss and algae won’t just look bad as it grows and begins to cover your gutters, roof and siding, but it can also cause some severe damage to your home or commercial building.
Hire our professionals to clean your gutters
Don’t try cleaning those gutters yourself—call Gutter Master to clean your gutters for you. Our team works quickly and diligently to ensure your gutters are free and clear of all debris. With over 30 years of experience and a variety of services on offer, it’s easy to see why we’re consistently rated as one of the most reliable gutter cleaning companies in Pensacola, FL.
Categorised in: Cleaning Gutters
This post was written by Writer