Your Summer Gutter Maintenance ChecklistJune 3, 2021 4:03 pm Leave your thoughts
Summer is here, which means many homeowners will spend sunny afternoons on the beach or take a long-awaited family vacation. But before you put your swimsuit on, you’ll need to take care of those gutters.
This is the perfect time of year for tackling gutter cleaning in Pensacola, FL, as well as various other gutter-related jobs. Continue reading to learn a bit more about what services your gutters need as soon as possible:
- Clear out debris: We recommend cleaning out your gutters at least twice a year. Removing fallen leaves, twigs and other debris ensures proper roof drainage and helps you see if there are any issues that must be corrected. If you’re unable or unwilling to clear your gutters, just hire a pro!
- Remove nests: Rodents, birds, insects and other pests tend to make their homes in gutters, especially if they’re already filled with debris. In addition to causing pest infestation, these nests can block rain flow and lead to gutter damage. It’s not a bad idea to call a pest control company after you remove the nests.
- Scrub the gutters: Gutter cleaning in Pensacola, FL means more than simply removing debris and nests—you’ll also need to scrub them out with a brush and gentle cleaner to get rid of moss and algae growth. This small task keeps your gutters looking great and allows you to spot any gutter damage.
- Repair leaks: Even the smallest cracks or holes in your gutters can lead to leaks, which may cause significant damage to your roof, siding or foundation. Although you can patch up these holes with some silicone caulking, we advise hiring a professional to fix any gutter damage.
- Check your roof: Since you’re already up on a ladder, it’s not a bad idea to check your roof for any signs of damage. Keep in mind that any loose or damaged shingles can lead to leaks and subsequent headaches. Call a roofing professional to make repairs if anything seems out of place.
- Install new gutters: If your gutters have seen better days, now is a great time to replace them. Early gutter replacement can mitigate a variety of roofing and foundation issues while giving your home a great new look. Plus, new seamless gutters can last for decades without needing any major repairs.
- Consider getting gutter guards: Whether you’re getting new gutters or sticking with your current ones, install gutter guards to protect them. Gutter guards block debris from falling into the gutters and deter pests from building nests. By installing gutter guards, you also may be able to skip steps one and two of our summer gutter maintenance checklist next year!
Hire our team to complete your maintenance checklist
Instead of worrying about all of these maintenance items mentioned above, just hire the pros at Gutter Master. From gutter cleaning in Pensacola, FL to new gutter installation, we offer a wide variety of services for any sized home. Give us a call today to see what we can do for you.
Categorised in: Gutter Maintenance
This post was written by Writer